Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3:30 am

3:30 am... this is what time God keeps waking me up in the morning. I don't know why. And I'll confess, most nights I get frustrated and try to go back to sleep, which is futile. So I end up sleeping like poop and tossing and turning most of the rest of the time until my alarm goes off at 6:30. I also keep having weird dreams, like the one I posted. Last night before bed I was reading in Daniel about King Neb's dreams and Daniel's interpreting them. I wish I had an interpreter to call on when I have my random dreams. But instead, I rely on God to ultimately show me the meanings. Anyway, I was awakened again at 3:30 this morning. But there was definitely no trying to go back to sleep. Ok, so I tried until about 4 or so. Then I gave up and decided that I had to do something. Obviously God was trying to get my attention. So I just started praying. I had no clue what to pray about, but words just started coming. After some length of time, I have no clue how long, I finally felt sleep trying to woo me back. So at that point I just asked God that if it was alright to go back to sleep, would He give me such wonderful rest that could only be from Him, given the past week or so. Thank God for that! I slept so wonderfully and was so rested this morning when my alarm went off. I think that in those 2-ish hours I slept better than I had since I got to Ecuador. I'm no longer in a cranky mood (thank the Lord for that one, too!). And, in a weird way, I'm looking forward to tonight's 3:30 lol.... I know, I'm an odd one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment